My grandparents were visiting for the weekend, and it was really nice to see them, except I got in trouble from my gramma for not posting enough on my blog. I have a project I am working on right now, but I haven't photographed it, so I thought I'd go back to finish posting about my quiet book. It's been so long since I made it, or posted about it, that I have forgotten the order of the pages, so let's just pretend that this was the next page in the book.
The focus of this page was colours. The balloons attach by velcro. I again had to think through what needed to be attached when. For each colour, I cut out three identical balloons. To one, I attached the loop (or soft) side of the velcro, and then zig-zagged it to the page. This was so that if it did not have the other part of the balloon attached to it, it wouldn't be rough, or stick to the other page. With the other two balloons, I attached the hook (or scratchy) side of the velcro to one (with interfacing on the underside), and then straight stitched the so-far untouched balloon to the other side, in order to cover up the stitching from attaching the velcro.
After that, all I had to do was to make the strings. I hand-embroidered them with black thread. I think that is really all there is to say about them.