Saturday, April 13, 2013

Quiet Book: Page Eight

The next page I did was the ladybug page. It was the one I remember most from quiet books from my childhood. The pictures aren't great, so you'll have to bear with me.

The ladybug has a zipper in it. The zipper I got from an old pair of pants. I needed a fairly short one so that the ladybug could fit on the page. This was my first zipper, so I was a little unsure about what I was doing, but I attached the zipper first, and then everything else, so I think it was a little easier.


Inside the pocket were black dots to go on the outside of the ladybug. Because everything was felt, I didn't worry about a way to stick the dots to the outside of the ladybug. That way where they went wasn't dictated.


This was probably one of the easier pages...not too many pieces, or things to attach. I put the zipper in the red piece, after I cut a sliver out of the middle to make room for it, then I attached the red piece to the page, and then the black piece on top of that.

Only two more pages to go, plus putting it altogether. Thanks for following along.

1 comment: