Saturday, April 9, 2022

Bird Quilt: Part 2

Continuing the quilting journey (from the first part)...

We came home from Christmas break with a quilted quilt.

However, once we got the quilt home, we decided it needed a bit more quilting. We added more circles to the outer Eric Carle fabric (which can really only be seen from the back).


I also drew in some wind lines across the sky, and doubled the quilting around the clouds.


When I was fabric shopping and found the Eric Carle fabric, I also found the perfect backing fabric.


While it wasn't the exact same style of birds, it was still fun, colourful, whimsical birds, and I think it was as close as you can get without having custom designed fabric.

A better view of the quilted circles.

We finished it off with a yellow binding.


Then we packaged it up for delivery at a drive-thru baby shower. 

 

I love the way a quilt looks when I wrap it up this way. However, I find that when I do, it doesn't get untied and unrolled without explicit instructions. What do you do when you gift a quilt?


To go with the Eric Carle fabric, we also gifted a board book copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and I made a card to match the theme (with the help of my cricut).


I was very pleased with this project and how it came together. I hope the new baby is getting lots of nice snuggles in it.

4 comments:

  1. It is a lovely, cute baby quilt. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :). I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. Truly adorable baby quilt. Your work looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There's always so many possibilities at the beginning of a project, it's always great to see it come together in the end.

      Delete