Sunday, January 10, 2021

Covid Quilt Challenge Round Up

While we haven't officially stopped doing our quilt challenges, unfortunately life events have meant they've been fewer and farer between lately. I thought I would take this break to do a little quilt show of sorts of all the things we have produced thus far (don't forget to wear your white glove if you want to touch the pieces :P).

Challenge #1: Curves (Bluebell blue and neon pink)

Friend

Me

Me

Challenge #2: Magazine Inspiration

Inspiration

Friend

Me

Me

Challenge #3: Machine Applique (Close-up flower, one unattached piece)

Friend

Friend
Me
Challenge #4: Tesselations

Friend

Me
Challenge #5: Broderie Perse (Inherited Fabrics)
Friend
Me
Challenge #6: Yo-yos
Friend

Me
Challenge #7: Piping (with a colour palette)

Colour Palette

Friend

Me

Me
Challenge #8: Borders
Friend

Me
Challenge #9: Free-hand Machine Work (5x5, fruit)

Friend

Me

Challenge #10: Non-rectangular (Fall themed)

Friend

Me

5 comments:

  1. I was just introduced to your blog. (I'm participating in the Salt and Sand Blog Hop, too!) Interesting idea to have quilt challenges between you and your friend. LOVE the projects that you two have done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is something to keep us entertained while we're stuck at home. Plus it has helped us to try new things and get out of our own heads a bit. It's the reason I felt comfortable signing up for the blog hop 😀

      Delete
  2. I was going to tell you which was my favorite but...I can't choose just one! You and your friend have really branched out into a variety of styles. Thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve enjoyed viewing your projects. It’s interesting to see the ways you and your friend challenged each other to try new things! Beautiful work for both of you. I’m glad you joined the hop. Now if I can only figure out how to subscribe to your blog I’d be happy!
    😉 Carol
    https://quiltschmilt.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. You are both very creative & talented. GREAT projects!

    ReplyDelete