Thursday, May 12, 2022

Catching Up on Christmas: Part 3


The final thing left on my Christmas catch up are the gifts I made for my brother. Quite a while ago, I purchased a couple panels of Canadian cities, knowing that I wanted to make something for my brother out of them, but not knowing what. One thing that had crossed my mind was seat cushions, so when he asked me to make him a seat cushion in the fall, I knew it was time to dig out the panels.


I had also bought some fabric with the provinces listed on it to go with whatever I had decided to do with the panels. I don't have a close up shot of that to show here. I thought I only had a little, so I used it sparingly, and then it turned out I had more than I thought, so I could have used more (especially because I don't have another plan for it)


I made an envelope-style cover, with ribbon ties coming out the two back corners. I then wrapped some foam in batting and stuffed it inside. 


I put them together in a couple groups. Quebec (above)/Ontario(below) were one set.


Then I did  a set of four that contained western cities on one side...


And eastern cities on the other.


I had a few too many panels, so I saved the west-coast ones for another project.


He also needed a new mask (since the one I threw together 2 years ago for use for a few weeks had been well worn). This year, he got season's tickets to see the Kitchener Rangers play (when we could do things in person), so I made him a mask to wear to the games.


 


I think I have now caught up on posting about last year's Christmas gifts. It's probably time to start working on this year's gifts :D.

2 comments: