Saturday, June 13, 2015

Busy As a Beaver

I haven't been blogging recently because I have been working on finishing up a quilt for a friend's son. It is a double-sized quilt and is by far the largest quilt I have ever made. Plus, I had to learn how to machine quilt to make it. Pictures will be posted once I take them.

Now that it is done, my plan is to make a quilt for my friend with the leftovers. It is only going to be a lap quilt, and I had already done all the cutting of the pieces when I cut out the other quilt; however,  I just found out this week that I have 20 days to complete the quilt - piecing, quilting, and binding - because that is when I am going to be seeing my friend (she will be visiting from the US). This number terrifies me. And on top of that, I am away from home this week, and couldn't bring any of the project with me. I know I will be machine quilting it, but I am a hand quilter at heart, so it's harder to comprehend the timeline. I anticipate that my housework and my sleep will be getting neglected at some point. I also probably won't have time to do any posting between now and then. But I will make sure to take a few pictures so that I can post once I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up with you tonight. Hope the project is going well.

    ReplyDelete