Monday, August 27, 2012

Losing My Mind

It has been a busy last few weeks. I've barely spent any time at home, and haven't been to my home congregation in a while, but yesterday I was home and able to go to church. Important to this story is the fact that I live on the other side of the church parking lot and walk to church.

When I arrived at church my mother asked me if I was going to be going swimming. I looked down, saw I was wearing a dress and a cardigan, and wondered why she was asking me this question. So I asked.
"You have a towel," she said.
"No I don't," I replied.
"Yes you do."
Sure enough I looked down and draped over my arm underneath the other things I had carried to church (my computer, my purse, etc.) was my still wet bath towel from that morning.

Later on, I heard her telling other people the story and she said I was going to hang it on the line on my way to church but I forgot. That would make me feel so much better, but the fact of the matter is, I don't have a line to hang it on. I just forgot to stop at the bathroom and hang it up on my way out the door.

It's going to be a long week at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment